Guys' Do's & Don'ts
Is your girlfriend pregnant?
You're not sure but you think she might be pregnant?
Are you confused about what to do?
Are you wondering if she will carry the baby?
Are you thinking - now isn't the best time to have a baby?
Are you concerned about all the money it will take to have a baby?
Are you worried about all that is involved with being a parent?
Are you feeling pressured to push her into having an abortion?
What are our options?
Are you thinking "Now what do I do?"
* Confirm her pregnancy - We provide accurate, confidential and free pregnancy testing along with many other support services. We are here to help both of you get as much information as possible.
* Listen - The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
* Stay Calm - She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are both parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you too.
* Talk About It - Not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
* Gather All The Facts - Get all the information and seek wise counsel so that together, you can make the best decision for both of you.
* Express Yourself Honestly - It's normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. Make sure she knows she is not alone.
* Don't Bail - The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
* Don't Pressure Her - Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
* Don't Forget - You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.
When someone is pregnant they have only 3 options: Parenting, Adoption or Abortion
You don't want to make any decisions until you know she is pregnant and gather all the information about all your options.
Back to For Him
This is taken from the website: http://www.ashlandcarecenter.org/pages/for-guys